Politics and the Presidency
by Michael Mamas
To win a presidential election:
- Think primarily of 30 second sound bites.
- Do not hesitate to lie. Very few people have the time to research the facts, and even those who do, will not be believed if you come across better on camera than they do.
- Determine what most people want to believe and tell them that.
- Do not hesitate to tell one special interest group one thing and another something else. When confronted about the hypocrisy, say with great conviction and authority, something that makes no sense and stand by it.
- Whatever your opponent says about you, say the same about that person.
- Ignore the truth and the facts. Claim anything that will get you elected.
- Go for the money… Use it to buy the election.
- If someone tells you your facts are incorrect, tell them their facts are incorrect.
- Pay maximum attention to how you hold yourself and how you look on camera. That is what gets the votes. Be cool, calm, and collected. Pretend like you are in a Hollywood movie.
- Smile… it is not an election of substance… it is an election of charisma.
We live in Kali Yuga.
When children bicker, we see past it so easily. We do not judge or get depressed about it. We even sometimes chuckle over the absurdity. Similarly, we must see beyond the tussles between political parties, individuals, and nations. Your vision of a current situation must be clear in order for you to deal with it wisely. To catch people in the web of political polarity is the trap used by the powers that be (the rakshasa value) to perpetuate the status quo. Political candidates are merely actors in the play.
Though it is right for us to tend to it on its own level, we must see beyond it. To heal a problem, it must be understood… In the same way, children bickering must be seen through the eyes of an adult to be dealt with wisely. As Albert Einstein said, “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”
The status quo can, must, and will evolve. That is our purpose. That is our duty. Responsibility means the ability to respond. Evolution of consciousness is the way. We have the knowledge of the means. We have the ability to respond.
© Michael Mamas, 5/12